It’s not really true that tradeshows go away for the summer and suddenly come to life in the fall. But folks might be excused for thinking that. Spring and Fall tend to be when the largest and most important industry shows are held, often featuring important marketing initiatives such as new product announcements or movement into new markets.
As a result, it’s important to review existing booth properties for fit and effectiveness before each new season. We’re working with a lot of folks in the middle of this preparation.
But of course, there’s a whole lot more to preparing for what’s coming up.
Just in case anyone needs a quick jog of the memory, a reality check if you will, of the myriad of things needing attention, here’s a short checklist (see related topics below if you need help with anything listed):
1. EXHIBIT BOOTH & GRAPHIC DESIGN
- Booth is in good repair, appropriate, and successful
- Booth components – retain, replace or upgrade
- Update or target message for upcoming audiences
- Professional design and assessment of effectiveness
2. SHOW PROMOTIONAL MARKETING
- Presentation, demo, video, slides
- Printed collateral or digital marketing media
- QR code, text, RFID marketing
- Tiered promotional giveaways
- Booth space, registration, services & shipping forms
- Staffing selection, transportation and housing
- Installation and dismantle requirements, instruction or hiring
- Shipping, tracking and payment
4. PRE-SHOW MARKETING & SALES PREPARATION
- Speaking, networking and sponsorship opportunities
- Preparation of follow-up materials (emails, letters, packages)
- Meetings arranged with clients & top prospects
- Announcements via email, postal, trade journal, PR, social media
- Plan/prep for lead gathering, management, tracking
You didn’t dive into the tasks listed above without being clear on the purpose and strategy for your upcoming shows, did you?
- Determination of product management, marketing and sales goals
- Specific, measurable objectives
- Assessment of prior results
- Areas targeted for increased effectiveness
How Can We Help?
If you’ve worked with Imprinted Originals before, you know we are proud of being multi-line distributors of portable display products and modular exhibit systems and components that produce the same results as custom exhibit house booths.
Being multi-line means we’re not attached to any particular style or model. Nor are your options limited to what we can produce or have on hand.
Our goal is to help you find the solution which matches your goals. And can be used flexibly as you need to expand, contract or modify your booth.
We also offer professional graphic design that knows how to fulfill “the 3 jobs of a tradeshow booth or exhibit“.
And we’re really good at helping folks assess and update their tradeshow marketing strategies and the things they are doing to make them happen (Tradeshow Services).
So – here’s to a great tradeshow season this Fall. Feel free to read our tips, browse our website (a new one is coming which will feature our modular offerings), or reach out for ideas or guidance.
Deborah Elms is passionate about helping businesses and organizations create and retain customers through the effective use of trade shows & other face-to-face events. She heads up the Trade Show and Event Division of Imprinted Originals. You can follow her on twitter at @D_Elms.
Visit Imprinted Originals for more information.